Congratulations! Together, you and your manager have successfully navigated through your first year at RISD.
By now, we hope you are fully onboarded in your new role, and are actively applying your skills and knowledge, strengthening connections within the community by developing effective and collaborative working relationships, and understanding how your role contributes to individual, team, and division goals, as well as RISD’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Ask for your employee’s feedback and suggestions on ways to improve the onboarding experience. Do this one-on-one or with a small group of new employees (if applicable).
- Celebrate successes and recognize your employee’s contributions.
- Continue providing regular informal feedback; provide formal feedback during scheduled performance management-related conversations
- Have a conversation with employee about their experience at RISD to date:
- Did employee’s expectations of role and RISD align with their experiences?
- Are employee’s skills and knowledge being utilized and what opportunities exist to better utilize them? What is working, and what needs adjustment?
- Begin discussing and planning for the year ahead.
- Support and encourage their continued participation in community enrichment opportunities and college committees, as appropriate.
- Encourage your employee to continue to learn and grow by discussing their professional development goals and identifying relevant learning opportunities.