By the six month mark, you should see that your new employee has gained momentum in completing work, taking the lead on some initiatives, and building relationships with peers. At this point, the employee typically feels confident and is engaged in new role while continuing to learn.
- Celebrate successes and provide recognition for your employee’s contributions.
- Engage in Check-In Conversation or ad hoc six-month check-in with employee to review progress on performance and professional development goals.
- Visit the HR Website to review performance management tools and resources.
- Encourage your employee to engage in campus activities (attend a student crit, visit the RISD Museum, etc.) and seek out community enrichment opportunities.
- Provide your employee ample opportunity to apply their learning.
- Provide regular feedback.
- Create opportunities for your employee to connect and learn through and with others.